Selling a business is a complicated matter and chances are that you will require the expertise of a corporate solicitor.
A good corporate solicitor will:
- Draft the sale of the business contract
- Correctly identify all parties to the contract
- Identify whether it is an individual purchase or whether an individual is acting for a trust or some other business entity.
- Evaluate the capacity of a purchaser to complete the sale
- Provide clarity in what exactly is for sale (is intellectual property included?)
- Help to ensure full disclosure is enforced
- Give guidance and valuable advice in terms of leases and existing tenants in a business property, which is part of the sale.
Selling a business can be a complex legal process. The services of a good corporate solicitor will provide you with peace of mind that your business sale will proceed smoothly.
If you have a have a business you wish to sell and require the services of a corporate solicitor call HD Keane today on 051 874856